To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Systems that use chloramine as a disinfectant must maintain a level of 0.5 mg/L by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

The 911 address for Washington Water Authority is 3685 E Heritage PKWY; Farmington, Arkansas 72730.

Business hours for Washington Water Authority are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

No, all new accounts can be set up via email. Please contact customer service at 479-267-2111 to set up a new account.

Washington Water Authority does not provide trash service. If customers live in the city limits, they should contact the city in which they reside. If they do not live in the city limits, they can go to the Boston Mountain Solid Waste website to find a list of trash providers for their area. That website is: www.bostonmountain.org.

The deposit for a homeowner is $75. The deposit for a renter/leaser is $200. Both renters/leasers and owners must also pay a $25 connection fee. All homeowners will be required to show proof of ownership.

The deposit for anyone renting or leasing to own property is the same as a renter, $200.

The deposit must be paid in full at which time you want the water service connected. No partial payments on deposits will be accepted. Deposits cannot be added to customer bills.

No. Only the person requesting water service may come in to turn water on. Only customers who can provide a valid copy of a Power of Attorney may turn water on for someone other than themselves.

The customer must come into the office and bring a copy of the death certificate. Customer will also need to fill out new paperwork and provide a valid photo i.d. In most situations if only one name was on the account, depending on who owns the property, a new deposit will not need to be paid, but each case will need to be looked at on an individual basis.

If you think you have a water leak, make sure everything in your house is turned off and go to the water meter and open the lid. If the red leak indicator on the meter turns, you have a leak. If you are unable to find the leak yourself, you may want to contact a plumber.

Washington Water Authority currently accepts cash, checks, and money orders. Bank Draft payments are also offered from checking and savings accounts. Washington Water Authority uses a third party, Official Payments, to process credit card transactions. The number to pay by credit card is 1-800-272-9829. This information is also printed on the monthly billing statement. Official Payments also accepts online payments at www.OfficialPayments.com.

No. Washington Water Authority payments are only accepted at our office.

All bills are drafted out of the customer's account on the due date.

No. Bank draft payments have to be set up a few weeks in advance, before the bills are calculated, in order to be added to the bank draft packet. If it is set up at this point, the next bill will be drafted from the checking/savings account.

No. Washington Water Authority does not accept check payments over the telephone. To pay over the phone, customers must contact Official Payments and pay by credit or debit card.

Water bills are based upon consumption. The national average per person per month is 2000-2500 gallons. Families’ consumption can vary greatly based on individual habits.

All water bills are due on the second Wednesday of every month by 4:30 p.m. Bills not paid by 4:30 on this date will be assessed a late penalty and a shutoff notice will be mailed.

No. Currently, Washington Water Authority only utilizes one billing cycle and all bills are due on the 10th of every month.

To have the main line located, call Arkansas One Call at 1-800-482-8998. This is for the main water line only. Neither Arkansas One Call nor Washington Water Authority is able to locate your service line from the meter to the house.

Water tap request forms are available here on the website and can be emailed along with the required information to the email address on the form. You can also stop by our office and reqeust a form and turn it in to the office.

911 addresses are issued by the Washington County Department of Emergency Management. They can be reached at (479) 444-1721.

If you own and occupy the home as your primary residence, you can do the plumbing yourself but you will still need to obtain a plumbing permit from our office.

No. Your plumber will need to come into our office and provide his current plumber’s license in order to obtain a plumbing permit. He must also pay for the permit himself.